Sweet and Tangy Cabbage Salad
- 4 cups thinly sliced cabbage (green & red)
- 1 cup shredded or julienned carrot
- 1 cup loosely packed chopped fresh parsley or cilantro, or dill- Changing the herb will change the flavor profile
- 1 cup diced local apple, tart apple variety is best
- ½ c dried WI cranberries – you may substitute raisins
- ½ c chopped walnuts or pecans
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons local honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss all veggies and the fresh herb together in a large bowl.
- For the dressing, combine the oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Whisk in a bowl, or put in a screw-top jar and shake well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate. Toss again before serving.
- Makes approximately 6 cups.