Roasted Cabbage Slices
- 1 head of cabbage
- 3 tablespoons (or more) of oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of favorite herbs like basil, caraway seeds, dill, etc
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the cabbage starting at the top of the head so that the inner pieces for circles within the slices. Aim for ¼-1/2 inch slices.
- Oil a baking sheet with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Place the cabbage on the baking sheet and drizzle with the remaining oil. You may need to melt it if using a solid oil like coconut oil or tallow.
- Sprinkle with desired spices and place in the oven.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes or until tender in the middle and sides are just starting to turn golden brown. Remove and serve.