Roasted Beet Salad with Creamy Orange Walnut Dressing
- 1.25 lbs red beets, peeled & sliced (1/4" thick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ tablespoon herbs de Provence
- For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- 3 tablespoons roasted walnut oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1½ teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- On a cookie-sheet, coat the beet slices with the olive oil, sea salt and herbes de provence. Roast in the oven for 35 minutes, turning the slices with a spatula halfway through the cooking process. Make sure the slices are cooked to your liking and remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Pour all the ingredients for the dressing into a jar. Close the lid and shake vigorously.
- On medium heat, roast the walnut pieces in a small pan until fragrant (1-2 minutes), being careful not to let them burn.
- When ready to serve, give the jar a few shakes. Pour over beets and top with the roasted walnuts.