Beyond farmers markets and CSAs
Every purchase of a local Fifth Season product supports food diversity, fair wages and assures that no one stands alone in the local food marketplace.
Fifth Season Cooperative:
- Provides markets to small farmers – beyond farmer’s markets and CSA’s
- Provides access to markets for small farmers with unique and heirloom produce – thereby, revitalizing food diversity
- Provides liability insurance to farmers and processors who could rarely obtain it on their own
- Provides GAP and HACCP training as well as audits for all farmer and processor members
- Gives $.75 – .80 of every dollar goes back to members
- Continually expands into new markets for local food.
Interest in and sales of sustainable, local food continues to grow and Fifth Season will respond with the launch of branded products into new markets, such as retail, in 2015. Consider joining us as a producer, processor, distributor or buyer.