Baked Delicata Squash with Lime Butter
Butter seasoned with lime juice, chili powder, and optional lime zest is the perfect accent for mellow, baked Delicata squash.
- 2 Delicata squash, halved and seeded
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon lime zest (optional)
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place the squash cut side down into a baking dish. Pour water into the dish to about ¼ inch deep.
- Bake in preheated oven until the squash pierces easily with a fork, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend the butter with the lime juice and chili powder in a small bowl. Mix in the lime zest, if desired; season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon the butter mixture into the cooked squash, and serve immediately.
- Note: for a festive presentation cut raw Delicata into rings, remove seeds and membranes. Place on greased cookie sheet. Brush with butter mixture and bake approximately 15 minutes until golden brown.