Antalya Bean Salad
- 2 cups of cooked northern beans (may substitute well rinsed canned beans)
- 1 onion, cut finely in half-moons
- ½ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp crushed pepper
- 1 or two hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- ¼ cup tahini paste
- ¼ cup vinegar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- -Soak the beans overnight. Bring them to a boil and then on medium heat cook them until soft. Or use canned beans.
- -In a bowl mix tahini, vinegar, lemon juice, and garlic for the sauce/dressing. It shouldn't be too runny or thick. Since different tahini brands have different density, it's hard to find the perfect mixture. If the dressing you make with the measures above is thick, add some of the water that you used to cook the beans or use the juice in the can. If it's runny than you can thicken it with more tahini.
- -Pour the tahini dressing over the beans and mix them well.
- -Slice the onion thinly julienne style in half moon shape. In a bowl knead it with 1 tsp salt. Rinse.
- -Mix the beans with onion and parsley.
- -Decorate the bean salad with tomatoes and slices of hard-boiled eggs.